Giving credit to her mom and maternal grandmother for the ability to work with her hands in various forms of fibre art, Winnie Glavine has found her niche using recycled clothing and wool yarns to create beautiful functional art using rug hooking combined with machine sewing as her medium.
Since taking her first workshop with RHGNL Instructor Venissa Fancy 2003, Winnie has continued learning and has since received the distinction of Juried Fibre Artist from the Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador and the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Tourism.
In June 2017, Winnie established Hooked Creations NL. With a focus on helping others achieve a more personal overall wellness, she is bringing the benefits of rug hooking to others through both in-person and virtual workshops, offering beginner to advance courses. With a love for historical pieces, Winnie is available for repair of vintage mats. Her product for sale can be found at the local Farm Markets and on display as consigned pieces for the Town of Torbay and the City of St. John’s.
- Rug Hooking Guild of Newfoundland and Labrador, Teacher Certification 2012
- The International Guild of Handhooking Rugmakers (TIGHR)
- Rug Hooking Guild of Nova Scotia
- Ontario Hooking Craft Guild
- St. John’s Farm and Community Market
- Clarenville Farm Market
- RHGNL Annual Rug Schools
- Searsport Rug Hooking School, Florida
- RHGNS Virtual Rug School
- OHCG Virtual Rug School
- Local Schools through Arts Smarts Programs
- National Girl Guides of Canada Summer Camps and Local Groups
- Senior Retirement Centers
- Private and Public Workshops