Molly’s first embroidery experience comes from her early childhood where she would watch her mother use embroidery stitches to decorate table clothes and pillow cases for their home. Molly has enjoyed stitching all her life since then. She loves using these stitches, along with others that she has acquired over the years attending workshops. Molly also loves the small treasures that nature provides on the local beaches to embellish her own encrusted embroidery art.
She began her rug hooking journey in 2000 with her first RHGNL workshop instructed by Joan Foster. She has since received the distinction of Juried Fibre Artist from the Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador and the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Tourism.
In 2006, in Woody Point, the heart of Gros Morne National Park, Molly established Molly Made Fibre Art Studio. Her studio creates both a delightful shopping experience and opportunities to learn through workshops in the techniques of embroidery, rug hooking, knitting, and crochet.
- RHGNL Rug School
- Gros Morne Institute for Sustainable Tourism (GMIST) – Edge of the Wedge;
- Local Schools – Arts Smarts and Learning through the Arts Programs;
- Trails, Tales and Tunes Festival,
- Gros Morne Fall Festival,
- Creative Gros Morne
- Rug Hooking Guild of Newfoundland and Labrador, Teacher Certification 2008
- The International Guild of Handhooking Rugmakers (TIGHR)
- Rug Hooking Guild of Nova Scotia
- Ontario Hooking Craft Guild
- The Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador
T: (709) 453-2538